Resolution of Economy of green technologies in cities and buildings
September 4-5 hosted the III Climate Forum of Cities, where experts from 20 countries met. On July 4, a meeting of experts of the economy of green technologies took place in the Concert Hall .
Today we see that the use of green technologies in buildings is an approach to create an innovative and competitive economy. Entire cities are certified according to international systems (LEED, BREEAM, WELL). Which present leadership in energy efficiency and environmental design. Leading Russian and international developers are actively applying certification systems for industrial and civil buildings, entire areas and cities.
Studies have shown that green buildings consume 25% less energy, increase labor productivity and have 19% lower operating costs for property owners. The value of green buildings is 10% higher compared to conventional construction.
International and Russian experience in certification such as the city of Savona, the territory of Porta Nuova in Italy, the Skolkovo Innovation Center, HPBS’s project experience, L’Oréal factory in Russia, buildings of O1 Properties, Saint-Gobain’s facilities proved that green construction allows achieving significant savings in various areas of the operation of buildings and help to achieve a leading position in the world.
Today, green projects in Russia are being built without government incentives, but it is necessary to promote and support the principles of green building at the state level. The effectiveness of green building incentive tools has been proven in western and eastern countries. Proven incentives include:
- Reduced cost of utility network connection. Green buildings reduce the load on the network. (30% reduction in the infrastructure construction cost).
- The introduction of educational programs at universities and continuing education courses with the accreditation of experts. (Introduction of energy modeling of buildings, integrated design and life cycle management).
- Green loans. Subsidized rates on loans at banks financing green projects. (Subsidizing 2-3% by reducing the risks of investing in such facilities).
- Reduction of property tax. (Such projects are more difficult to build, but they have a positive impact on the economy, environment and human health).
- Creation of an independent monitoring program for green buildings. (Shows real statistics on energy consumption, resource consumption and quality of operation. It has independent confirmation and certificate).
- Create guidance, standards on design and construction.
- To promote green building, by attracting reputable and famous people. (For example, the president, stars of show business, actors, movie directors, members of the government, journalists, television presenters).
FULL VIDEO RECORDING:
Mrs. Ilaria Caprioglio – the Mayor of Savona, Italy. Case about LEED for Cities certification.
Mr. Stefano Corbella – Sustainability Officer at COIMA, Italy. Case about Porta Nuova is one of the main business districts of Milan with GDP of €400 billion
Mr. Carlo Battisti – Vice President, International Living Future Institute, Italy. Cases of best in class buildings.
Mr. Kevin Bell – the University of California in Santa Cruz, US
Mr. Antoine Peyrude – CEO, Saint-Gobain Russia, Ukraine and CIS
Mr. Pavel Barbashev – Chief Commercial Director, O1 Properties, Russia. About the benefits of investing in green buildings
Mr. Vincent Breucq – Branch Director of L’Oréal in Kaluga Region, Russia.
Mr. Ilya Zavaleev – Principal, HPBS, Russia. Case of high-performance building in Skolkovo innovation Centre.
Mr. Andrey Asadov – Asadov Architectural Bureau, Russia. Case of Medical Centre in Skolkovo innovation Centre.
Mr. Igor Moskalenko – Director, KORSA, Russia.