The interest of developers in green certification of commercial and residential real estate is increasing every year. Certified buildings meet the requirements of sustainable development and have increased value, as they are extremely energy and heat efficient, as well as favorable for people and nature. They have minimal impact on the environment and climate. During construction and operation of such buildings, environmentally friendly materials and renewable energy sources are used.
The international systems LEED (USA), WELL (USA) and BREEAM (UK) have gained the greatest popularity in Russia. The systems include advanced Western and world construction practices aimed at reducing the negative impact on the environment and climate, as well as improving the quality and operational characteristics of the building. More and more facilities are being built and reconstructed in accordance with the requirements of LEED, WELL and BREEAM. HPBS makes a significant contribution to this process by providing our clients with consulting and technical support at all stages of the project implementation in order to successfully obtain an international certificate of compliance with the requirements of green construction standards.
Up-to-date statistics for April 2022 on the number of certified facilities, the certification levels obtained and the cities of Russia where these facilities are located.
243 objects have been certified according to the LEED system:
- 169 – passed certification without assigning the level – Certified (40-49 points)
- 24 – to the Silver level (50 – 59 points)
- 47 – to the Gold level (60 – 79 points)
- 3 – to the Platinum level (80 – 100 points)
Number of LEED certified facilities in Russia:
LEED certified facilities in Russia
Examples of facilities certified by HPBS under the LEED system
L’OREAL FACTORY, VORSINO INDUSTRIAL PARK
- The plant is certified according to the LEED v4 system at the Platinum level (80 points);
- Significant reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, including through the construction of a 500 kW solar power plant;
- The title of the most environmentally friendly plant in the world;
- Development of solutions to reduce energy consumption, digital modeling of energy consumption;
- Development of design solutions to improve environmental performance, calculations of a solar power plant;
- Savings of more than 6 million rubles per year due to the use of innovative solutions.
L’OREAL Company Plant
JSC MEDICINE, ONCOLOGY CLINIC, KHIMKI
Energy efficiency and renewable energy:
- Energy consumption is reduced by 17%,
- 110 kW Solar power plant
- Automation of ventilation modes
- Energy efficiency of enclosing structures
- Automation and LED lighting
- Efficient refrigeration center
Reduction of CO2 emissions:
- For 256 tons of Co2
- By 15%
- 3.7 million per year
- Water consumption is reduced by almost 2 times compared to similar facilities.
ICITY TOWER BUSINESS CENTER, MOSCOW CITY
- Support of turnkey LEED certification;
- Improvement of design solutions at the design and construction stage;
- The concept of energy efficiency and full automation;
- The concept of a “mini-city” has been created, at the disposal of residents and their guests (fitness center, cafes and restaurants, beauty salons, shops, banks and pharmacies).
MR-Group iCity LEED Сertification
243 objects have been certified according to the BREEAM system:
- 34 – passed certification without assigning a level
- 50 – to the Good level
- 81 – to the Very Good level
- 22 – to the Excellent level
Number of BREEAM certified facilities in Russia:
BEEEAM certified facilities in Russia
Examples of facilities certified by HPBS under the BREEAM system
BUSINESS CENTER “WHITE SQUARE”, MOSCOW
- BREEAM in Use Very Good certification of three buildings of the complex;
- Development of operational policies and procedures;
- Increasing of biodiversity.
PLANETA SHOPPING CENTER, PERM
- BREEAM certification to the Very Good level;
- Optimization of loads and energy consumption costs;
- Reduction of electricity and heat costs by 70 million rubles per year (40%);
- Improving the thermal comfort of visitors and employees of the building;
- Increase in the market value of the object by 10% with an increase in the cost of construction within 3%;
- Intelligent ventilation control by CO2 sensors.
Planeta Perm Shopping Center
According to the WELL system, 32 objects are registered, and are at the stage of certification in two directions:
1 – WELL V2, pre-certified at the design stage
10 – WELL HEALTH-SAFETY RATED, passed the health safety assessment
21 – certification procedure started
WELL certified facilities in Russia
(at the moment, the location of other objects is hidden at the request of customers)
Examples of objects undergoing certification under the WELL system
SYDNEY CITY BUSINESS CLASS RESIDENTIAL QUARTER, MOSCOW
Area is 19,3 hа.
- A concept has been developed for obtaining the first WELL certificate for a residential complex in Russia;
- Developing a WELL certification strategy;
- Implementing a well-being environment;
- Support of WELL certification before obtaining a turnkey certificate.
FSK Sydney City, WELL
Interest in green certification of commercial and residential real estate in Russia is steadily growing. The reason for this is environmental, social and economic factors. Buildings that have passed the certification procedure confirm that they:
- they are favorable for the health and well-being of the people in them;
- they do not harm nature and do not create harmful emissions;
- meet the basic requirements of sustainable development;
- extremely warm and energy efficient, which significantly reduces the cost of building operation;
- have increased value (the cost of selling or renting a square meter in a certified building is higher than in a regular one);
- they are more interesting for modern eco-oriented buyers and tenants interested in obtaining a high quality of life in the building.
In conclusion, it is worth noting that in the Russian Federation, the development of its own green real estate certification system has also recently begun. It will meet all international requirements and is less costly due to the absence of the need to pay foreign authorities for verification of reporting on certified objects.
Russian building certification system