LafargeHolcim is a global manufacturer of cement, concrete and other building materials and integrated solutions for construction in more than 80 countries.
HPBS experts held a series of training seminars on the topic “Green Building. Functional bases of design, management and certification of industrial and civil construction objects” for employees and partners of the company.
During the training, the following topics were considered:
- basic concepts of sustainable development, terms and definitions;
- types of environmental impact assessment of buildings;
- the main systems of environmental certification of buildings;
- management of design, construction and operation of buildings with a reduced carbon footprint;
- contribution of building materials to the overall rating of environmental friendliness of buildings and methods of its assessment;
- the practice of global environmental reporting of enterprises and the main consumer benefits of a developer or manager of an
- environmentally certified building;
- examples of the implementation of environmental certification in Russia.
The learning process was divided into 6 following blocks:
- Sustainable development
- Greenhouse gases
- Green infrastructure
- Why international building certification is needed
- Green mortgage
- Requirements and criteria of ESG factors
- Cases based on the practice of HPBS
As a result, the client experienced positive business benefits. Its employees began thinking within the framework of the company’s business processes from the standpoint of sustainable business development. This training was also combined with the sustainability principles of the company’s headquarters in Switzerland.
ESG, Development of the Company’s Climate Strategy
Lafarge Holcim, LEED and LCA