LEED Platinum and the concept of greenhouse gas reduction
L’Oréal’s plant, an industrial park Vorsino, Russia
The project is certified according to LEED v4 Platinum and it has significantly reduced greenhouse gas including by construction of the solar power plant with a capacity of 500 kW. This factory has been promoted to the most ecological factory in the world.
Our role in certification:
Certification of the factory according to the LEED Platinum system. Development of decisions on decreasing energy supply, digital modeling of energy consumption, development of design approaches for increasing ecological characteristics, measurements of solar power plant, engineering system acceptance.
Key achievements by certification:
The building got 80 points and the world’s first LEED Platinum 4v certification for industrial enterprise. The project provides high saving characteristics of energy, water, providing climate comfort.
Our role in reducing greenhouse gases:
1. Research of greenhouse gas reduction’s variants:
– Analysis the current energy consumption as well as energy supply systems and determination of the current volume of energy consumption and direct (Scope 1) and indirect (Scope 2) energy greenhouse gas emissions.
– Identification and economic evaluation of possible decisions on greenhouse gas reduction, including:
Combined generation’s systems
Renewable energy sources:
Solar power plant
Boiler-house based on biomass, biogas and biofuel
Analysis of using hydrogen technologies.
Variants of compensation for greenhouse gas emissions (offset).
2. Technical and economical assessment of greenhouse gas reduction’s scenario:
Development of energy supply’s principal schemes and variants of compensation for greenhouse gas emissions
Technical and economical assessment of energy supply’s principal schemes and variants of compensation for greenhouse gas emissions, including capital and operational costs’ determination for implementation of variant solutions (order of values).
3. Energy efficiency and greenhouse gas reduction:
Saving 6 500 000 rubles per year (with consideration to domestic price of carbon 56 €).