Environmental assessment of the life cycle of a building (LCA) is carried out during the certification of facilities according to the BREEAM New Construction and Renovation systems (under the “Mat 01 Environmental impact of materials” criterion), LEED BD+C (under the “MR Building Life-cycle impact Reduction” criterion) and the calculation of the life cycle of a building by cost (LCC) when certifying according to BREEAM for the criterion “Man 02 Life cycle cost and service life planning”, determining possible points and preparing recommendations.
Initial data for the work:
- Preliminary LCA model: determination of the ecological footprint of building materials;
- The offer of improved materials, the use of which will help to reduce the ecological footprint;
- Implementation of improved materials in the updated LCA model. Calculation of the ecological footprint with improved materials;
- Comparison of materials used or proposed solutions with competitive offers on the market and identification of potential for growth;
- Additional services at the request of the Customer:- Optimization and greening of production and supply processes;
– Development of methodology and optimization of environmental and carbon footprint of materials;
– Elaboration of solutions for eco-friendly disposal/recycling of waste product;
– Assistance in finding waste recycling partners;
– Development of an environmental declaration of products (EPD).
Initial data for the work:
- Project and working documentation. Technical solutions for enclosing structures, building engineering systems (heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electricity, lighting, plumbing and sewerage), specifications and statements for finishing and finishing works (walls, floors, partitions, ceilings), specifications for landscaping;
- Lists of volumes of materials, description of the material, their cost (unit prices), lifetime, costs at the stage of operation;
- Total budget for construction/reconstruction;
- The total budget for operation.
- Cost analysis of the building life cycle;
- Optimization of construction and operation costs.
The result of the provision of services:
- A report in English to be submitted to BRE Global for the certification of the Facility;
- Summary summary in Russian with recommendations on cost optimization;
- Preparing responses to BRE Global’s comments and correcting the Report if necessary.
Value engineering – cost reduction while maintaining quality
For the successful implementation of construction projects, in order to improve quality and optimize costs, it is important to increase the efficiency of planning and management of capital investments based on cost engineering. Value engineering allows you to reduce costs and increase potential income when calculating the cost of the project and its further operation. Thus, it turns out to reduce costs without impairing the final result. When developing solutions for cost optimization, we use the best international practices and experience gained on projects of certification of facilities according to the international eco–friendly and energy-efficient construction systems – LEED, BREEAM, WELL.
Our Value engineering services allow to:
- optimize the cost at all stages of the project lifecycle;
- reduce costs while maintaining quality
reduce the time spent on construction and commissioning;
- increase the final profit;
improve the quality of the project with minimal additional investment;
- increase the efficiency of resource use.
EPD Declarations and LCA Product Life Cycle Analysis
Development of Engineering Solutions and Feasibility Study