When carrying out construction work, the main goal of the developer company is:
Cost reduction should not be reflected in the functional, visual, conceptual and other characteristics of the project.
The goal is to save initial construction costs and the possibility of reducing future operating costs, that is, the customer receives the desired result at a lower cost.
HPBS has more than 10 years of experience in construction consulting based on international standards and practices for optimizing construction costs.
1. Prioritize the importance of the project functions that need to be performed or can be optimized, laid down taking into account the upcoming global trends.
For example: you can provide and prepare a place for a backup power supply or charging for electric vehicles in a building under construction. And to use this potential if necessary, when there is an increase in demand for these solutions, the infrastructure of the building will be ready for it without serious additional costs and engineering difficulties;
2. Determine the development strategy of the facility and create a flexible space for premises that will easily adapt to changing market demands;
3. Avoid undesirable cost-cutting trade-offs that could negatively impact important building functions or reduce the quality of the finished facility;
4. Reduce peak loads. The total power of the equipment is selected exactly according to the maximum loads: thermal, electrical, refrigeration capacities.
For example: reducing peak electrical load can save not only energy consumption, but also the cost of connecting to utility networks and the cost of installed equipment;
5. Develop methods for gradually increasing the capacity of engineering equipment and improving the quality of finishing already during the operation of the facility;
6. Use free energy. Passive technologies for heating and air conditioning, ventilation and lighting. Sunlight energy for heating buildings. High performance building materials that ensure a long service life and high energy efficiency of the building;
7. Improve the energy efficiency of engineering systems and specific components. Use water and steam boilers, optimize refrigeration machines and air conditioners;
8. Reduce lighting costs by reducing installed power (using high-efficiency LED lights), installing daylight and occupancy sensors. When there is enough light in the room or there are no people, the light is automatically turned off and this significantly reduces costs;
9. Apply energy recovery. To use free energy or heat, which appear as a result of the functioning of the building.
For example: heat from technological processes (data centers, culinary, etc.) or recovery during the descent of the elevator;
10. Calculate the benefits of using renewable energy in construction.
The operability of the proposed solutions is checked by mathematical modeling using the characteristics of the object, climatic files of the location of the object, and engineering solutions. We also apply the calculation method and the method of solving analogue projects.
According to HPBS experts: practice shows that instantly and at low cost, the payback period of which is no more than two years, it is possible to re-equip lighting (lighting elements), as well as improve the management of heating, air conditioning and ventilation without replacing equipment. Due to this, the estimated savings on utility tariffs is 5-7% per year.
For your convenience, fill out the checklist. This will simplify the study of the object by experts and our further interaction.
Benefits of international certification of buildings LEED, BREEAM and WELL